We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Executive Assistant — San Francisco — Full Time
- Marketing & Communications Associate — San Francisco — Full Time
Executive Assistant — San Francisco — Full Time
We are seeking an energetic, exceptionally organized, and highly professional Executive Assistant to support our Executive Director, a highly regarded leader whose vision, integrity, and dedication inspire our staff. In close partnership with the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will serve as a liaison to a variety of external and internal constituents, ensuring good communication and collaboration across a broad spectrum of activities and situations. In becoming familiar with the Executive Director’s responsibilities and needs, the Executive Assistant should be able to anticipate and proactively execute the administrative tasks intended to support those needs, applying good judgment and communication on a consistent basis. The Executive Assistant will also provide similar support to the Director of Resource Stewardship, who oversees several program areas and works outside the SF office 3 days per week.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment that values collaboration. Prior experience providing high-level support that includes complex scheduling, planning, problem solving, and prioritizing is essential for success in this role. Creative thinking and the ability to propose efficient systems to support a high volume of work are highly desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Executive Director’s and Director of Resource Stewardship’s calendar and time, with direct responsibility for complex scheduling and coordination of internal and external meetings, conference calls, interviews and events. Must be able to work effectively with last minute changes.
- Attend and take minutes at all board and committee meetings. Attend, take notes, distribute and occasionally draft agendas for leadership team meetings as requested.
- Research or obtain and compile reference material as needed.
- Support meeting preparation, logistics and follow up.
- Manage and coordinate domestic travel, lodging and meeting logistics, and prepare itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Resource Stewardship in managing, prioritizing and staying on track with responsibilities and tasks; propose and set up executive support systems as needed.
- Assist Executive Director in following up and returning phone calls.
- Draft e-mail and other correspondence on behalf of Executive Director as needed.
- Special projects as requested.
Related Experience and Qualifications:
- Five plus years of relevant experience, must include 1 or more years supporting senior level executives.
- BA or BS degree.
- Highly organized, deadline- and detail-oriented.
- Previous experience maintaining complex calendars and coordinating meetings/events.
- Friendly, independent self-starter with a can do "make it happen” attitude.
- Ability to anticipate issues before they arise and proactively recommend solutions to problems.
- Excellent problem solver, with the ability to think creatively and improve upon existing systems.
- Professional demeanor with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good writing ability, experience drafting correspondence and proofreading.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to work in collaboration and partnership.
- Commitment to Sustainable Conservation's mission.
What we offer:
A competitive compensation package based on experience, fully-paid health insurance benefits, generous match on 401k, vacation, sick leave, paid sabbatical (after three years), plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day is holiday leave. Our best benefit is our culture! Our entire staff is collaborative, amazingly talented, hard-working, and supportive of each other.
Please send resume and cover letter describing how your prior experience will set you up for success in this position. Please also include salary of last position as well as salary desired. Jobs@suscon.org. No phone calls please. We will contact you if we need more information or wish to set up an interview.
Please include “Executive Assistant” in Subject line
Sustainable Conservation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marketing & Communications Associate — San Francisco — Full Time
We are seeking a Marketing & Communications Associate to support the daily digital and traditional marketing and communications functions and activities of the organization. This includes the development, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of a variety of communications and marketing materials, and synthesizing complex information and communicating to various audiences – diverse partners, policy makers and funders - clearly. Other core responsibilities include overseeing traditional and digital media relations, marketing and communications initiatives for program teams, the development and dissemination of project-related reports/publications, and and supporting fundraising and development efforts.
The ideal candidate will have experience with digital strategy, website and social media management, online-community building, and engaging various audiences through storytelling. Candidate should have demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a number of different teams and across various program areas.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Associate will participate in a team culture that values collaboration and a commitment to excellence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop, review, and disseminate a variety of communications and marketing materials, including but not limited to:
- Website and blog content
- Social media posts
- Marketing collateral
- Press releases and media advisories
- Programmatic case statements
- E-marketing pieces/e-mail blasts
- Other promotional materials
Website & Social Media
Manage a variety of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, and platforms to raise visibility and awareness of our work. Maintaining these channels includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with program staff to feed project-level information into social media pipeline. System should allow for efficient, regular input from staff, making it easy for staff to post updates themselves with support from Marketing & Communications Department
- Researching news and information (content, video, pictures) relevant to the organization's diverse set of audiences and connecting it to the organization's work
- Assisting in the development and driving implementation of crowdfunding efforts
- Tracking organization's online presence using tools like Google Alerts
- Managing editorial calendar for all social channels
- Writing posts and engaging with fans and followers across multiple social media channels
- Using online tools to measure performance (e.g. Google Analytics) and providing recommendations for enhancing social media performance and online presence
- Preparing pictures and video for inclusion in posts
- Ensuring all digital communications reflect brand identity and support strategic program and fundraising initiatives
- Working with web developer to keep website fresh and up-to-date on program developments
- Writing blog posts/working with staff to write blog posts to keep donors and partners updated on project developments and give them insight into the daily workings of the programs
Assist with public relations, media efforts
- Assist in developing press releases and media announcements
- Help coordinate media events and relationships
- Monitor local, state, and national news relevant to organization's ongoing conservation efforts
- Track and report on media coverage
- As needed, cultivate and build relationships with members of the media
California Leopold Conservation Award
Oversee coordination of the annual California Leopold Conservation Award
- Manage and update distribution and outreach lists
- Work with co-sponsors to schedule dates for judging
- Promote finalists and award recipients across digital platforms
Experience, Skills & Traits Required
- 2-4 years' work experience in marketing and communications, with an emphasis on writing, and social media strategy and implementation
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and online-community building – both from a technical and content standpoint
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn audience targeting, promotions, and advertising; experience with SEO, SEM, and Google AdWords
- Experience with WordPress and basic HTML
- Experience with PR and multi-channel communications
- Proven track record working with new and traditional media, with the ability to determine the best media type to achieve goals
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to synthesize complex information for a variety of audiences
- Strong editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, highly organized
- Knowledgeable about and experience with environmental sustainability preferred
- Highly collaborative style; ability to thrive on a shared-services team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport and be effective with a variety of personalities
- Fun, energetic, scrappy and creative
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred; English, communications, journalism ideal
We Offer: A competitive compensation package, including fully-paid health insurance benefits, generous match on 401k, paid sabbatical (after 3 years), plus the week off between X-mas and New Years. Our best benefit is our culture! Our staff is collaborative, inspired, and creative. Our Development and Communications team is amazingly talented, hard-working, and supportive of each other.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how your prior experience will set you up for success in this position. Please also include salary of last position as well as salary desired. No phone calls please. We will contact you if we need more information or wish to set up an interview. Please include "Marketing & Communications Associate" in subject line.
Sustainable Conservation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.